Oops... that coupon has expired.
Don't spend hundreds on a handbag when you can make one on your sewing machine. Customize and sew boutique-quality leather handbags with designer Don Morin.
Learn professional leatherwork techniques to create a sophisticated and stylish leather tote using Don's Craftsy-exclusive pattern. Discover tips for selecting quality leather and to efficiently lay out your pattern to get the most and best from your leather hide. Customize the interior of your bag to suit your unique needs, and create pocketed side panels without extra bulk. Add that extra polish with contrasting leather, mitered gusset corners, rouleaux handles and an expertly installed zipper. Make this class your latest accessory. Enroll now in Making Leather Bags.
What You'll Learn:
* Construction methods and design process using a spec sheet
* To shop for, mark and cut leather hides
* To skive, stabilize and sew leather pieces
* To add contrasting trim and make rouleaux handles
* To design and create a bag lining with custom features
* To attach a zipper and lining to leather facing
* To reinforce your bag base and fashion mitered corners
What You'll Make:
* A boutique-level tote handbag
If you're not delighted with your Bluprint experience, we'll make it right or give you a full refund.