Learn professional leatherwork techniques to create a sophisticated and stylish leather tote using Don's Craftsy-exclusive pattern. Discover tips for selecting quality leather and to efficiently lay out your pattern to get the most and best from your leather hide. Customize the interior of your bag to suit your unique needs, and create pocketed side panels without extra bulk. Add that extra polish with contrasting leather, mitered gusset corners, rouleaux handles and an expertly installed zipper. Make this class your latest accessory. Enroll now in Making Leather Bags.
What You'll Learn:
* Construction methods and design process using a spec sheet
* To shop for, mark and cut leather hides
* To skive, stabilize and sew leather pieces
* To add contrasting trim and make rouleaux handles
* To design and create a bag lining with custom features
* To attach a zipper and lining to leather facing
* To reinforce your bag base and fashion mitered corners
What You'll Make:
* A boutique-level tote handbag
Meet instructor Don Morin and start designing your bag. Learn about construction methods and discuss bag functionality.
Examine different types of leather and learn what you should consider when buying leather. Don explains how to mark and cut the leather and how to make a mockup.
Learn what tools you'll need to make your bag, and sew the outer pocket. Don's step-by-step instruction will help you attach the pocket.
Just create your account to take us for a spin, completely risk-free.
Tell us what you’re into, and we’ll make it easy to find the best classes and projects.
When you’re ready to create, get members-only discounts in our supply shop!
1000s of classes in all your favorite crafts
Hundreds of expert instructors
Projects and patterns for every skill level
Anytime access on any device
Member deals on fabric, yarn & supplies