What You'll Learn: A brief history of the elegant art of bias draping
* How to choose the appropriate fabric, whether slinky or structured, for your design
* The many looks and uses of the draped cowl, whether on the neck, across the back or under the arms
* How to take draped fabric on a dress form and turn it into a paper pattern piece
* Checking the accuracy and fit of your pattern pieces
* Techniques for gathering, including pleats and tucks
* The easy, yet stunning, butterfly twist and its variations
* How to make cascade ruffles and flared skirts without gathers or bulky seams
* Ways to incorporate many draped elements into a single pattern
What You'll Make
* A simple and elegant bias-cut dress or blouse of your own design
What You'll Love
* Seeing how easy and flattering bias draping can be
* Learning from Paul Gallo, a master designer with decades of draping experience
* The opportunity to get direct, personal feedback on your designs and sewing challenges
* Lifetime access to your class, on your own schedule, from any web-connected device
Meet your instructor, Paul Gallo, and learn about the rich history of bias draping.
Paul helps you choose the right fabrics for your draping project and discusses dress forms as you start your designing journey.
An elegant cowl is not just found at the neck. Paul shows how you can drape cowls in the front, back or sides of your garment, then turn them into pattern pieces.
Just create your account to take us for a spin, completely risk-free.
Tell us what you’re into, and we’ll make it easy to find the best classes and projects.
When you’re ready to create, get members-only discounts in our supply shop!
1000s of classes in all your favorite crafts
Hundreds of expert instructors
Projects and patterns for every skill level
Anytime access on any device
Member deals on fabric, yarn & supplies