So this quilt did not go as planned. I used very thick poly batting layered over some cotton so it would be very washable puffy and warm but my sewing machine was not up to the task of quilting it, it has a 4" throat and I don't have a table for it. I also had very little time to finish it because it was a last minute gift. I used some old fashion tying to do the job and ran long lines of straight stitch across it, so let's hope it holds together. I do really love how this fabric looks, I used a dark background instead of going with light and my piecing is close enough so I think it is very pretty overall.