I love the pattern and had to play with it. Instead of just two borders I went with a total of four; thin black, medium batik, thin black, wide batik. I also went with a sort of hint-of-a-print from the top. I wanted to keep it playful but also cohesive. All the prints within the "window" section are one print in different colors. The backing is blocks of color with wide strips of black. Several people who have seen the finished quilt have said they honestly thought it was a window. I machine pieced this, arranged things over and over again until I was happy, then finished the piecing using my machine. The back was a somewhat controlled random arrangement. I did all the quilting by hand. Within the "window" I quilted using black thread around each color but within the black strips. The squares have an X through them using the same color thread as the squares. The borders are quilted rather randomly using black thread. The texture is so cool! Over 100 hours of work from start to finish. It's 78 inches x 63 inches, great for a twin size quilt. I have scraps aplenty and may consider making pillows and a mini-quilt for myself to decorate my living room. This quilt is listed on Etsy. FYI the pattern is a bit confusing at first. I had to speak to my (master quilter) mother about it after I sent her the pattern. The black strips aren't cut to the same length as the colored fabrics. Just sew the colored pieces directly on the strips, press, then trim. Saves time and fabric, but I really wish the instructions were clearer regarding this. You also don't need as many fat quarters as the pattern calls for and instead go with scraps or yardage. I went with a collection because they already go together. I didn't care for the block arrangement in the pattern instructions and decided to play with it instead. The borders were added to give it more life and size. I plan on making another stained glass quilt with this pattern...but not as many blocks. I'll make it a wall hanging instead with the scraps left from this. As well as a couple pillows. It'll be a nice way to add "windows" to an empty wall.