I had so much fun creating this quilt for my 3 month old nephew, Jamie. I added some 3D bits too for interest; flapping tongue, ears and sticking out teeth, and some knotty hair. This was my first quilt-as-you-go quilt, and I really loved how it has turned out. I found the class really great to follow and very inspiring! I did stick with the main templates and didn't stray too far from those, and I found that for my first QAYG and applique quilt that helped my confidence - I knew that at least the monsters would turn out cool! The most challenging aspect was choosing the colours for the quilt (actually, that's always challenging!). My nephew's mum & dad like very neutral almost monochrome colours, so this is a bit of a departure from their norm! I decided to go with a variable length multi-colour binding using fabrics from the quilt top. In retrospect I kind of wished I'd stuck with just one fabric though, probably the black and white stripe, as that really works well to frame the quilt I think, but I'm pretty happy with the final result anyway!