I had a few challenges with this little pattern. First of all, when I made the original chart, I didn’t leave enough of the pattern color in the corners, so my floats were too long, and it ended up kind of strange. Also, my floats were super-tight, overall. After pulling on the stocking for a while and cursing, I decided to try again. I added some more elements to the chart, swore to knit more loosely, and turned the piece inside-out when I made the colorwork. When it’s inside-out, it’s easier to leave the floats nice and loose, although it was a bit fiddly, since the stocking is only 42 stitches around. I also really wanted to get the pattern down to just one page. It forced me to be brief and leave out little tricks and tips, like the inside-out thing. I don’t think I’ll do that all of the time, but I was thinking it would be nice to have just one page to worry about if you are like me and enjoy having a tiny project or three when you are traveling over the holidays. I also wrote, for simplicity’s sake, the short-row heel in a way that leaves enormous gaps. If that bothers you, feel free to employ various gap-closing techniques. I simply sewed up the holes when I was finishing. I think it doesn’t matter much, as long as it looks ok, because no one will actually be wearing these stockings.