Create beautiful gum paste botanicals that will finish any cake in flawless style with cake designer Maggie Austin as your guide. You'll learn how to make sugar leaves, delicate blossoms and blackberries that look like they were plucked right off the bush. Find out how to combine these sweet elements to create charming bouquets that stand on their own and elevate your cake. You'll be amazed at how easily you can assemble lifelike embellishments using Maggie's innovative bag-and-shake technique, and you'll also discover how to add realistic color and details to your creations. As a bonus, Maggie shares something every cake designer should know: How to make gum paste! Blossom as a sugar artist. Sign up for Sugar Berries, Leaves & Blossoms today!
What You'll Learn
* How to roll out individual blackberry seeds
* How to easily attach seeds for full or partial blackberries
* How to make realistic hypericum berries and ivy leaves
* How to use a CelPad and blossom cutter for adorable, delicate sugar flowers
* How to color your creations using luster and petal dusts
* How to use steam on gum paste to give your sugar art a beautiful sheen
* How to arrange your berries, leaves and blossoms to create stunning bouquets that are worthy of a cake all their own
* Bonus lesson: How to make your own gum paste
What You'll Make
* Lush, ripe blackberries
* Realistic hypericum berries
* Delicate ivy leaves
* Ethereal blossoms
Just create your account to take us for a spin, completely risk-free.
Tell us what you’re into, and we’ll make it easy to find the best classes and projects.
When you’re ready to create, get members-only discounts in our supply shop!
1000s of classes in all your favorite crafts
Hundreds of expert instructors
Projects and patterns for every skill level
Anytime access on any device
Member deals on fabric, yarn & supplies