Baking Blog

Our Favorite Holiday Cookie Recipes

Whether you bake a dozen or a dozen different batches, cookies give every holiday season a little extra flavor. This year, add one of these new recipes to your rotation. And don’t forget to save a few for Santa!

Peanut Butter Cookies

1Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies

Just mix up six ingredients for these artisan, peanut-packed treats. Then dip them in chocolate — because why not?

Perfect Sugar Cookies

2Perfect Sugar Cookies

Break out the cookie cutters! This foolproof sugar cookie dough won’t spread, so you won’t have any trouble decorating them.

Homemade Thin Mints

3Homemade Thin Mints

You don’t have to wait till Girl Scout cookie season to indulge in the minty, chocolaty goodness of a Thin Mint — you can make your own at hom.

Peppermint Whoopie Pies

4Peppermint Whoopies Pies

They may not technically qualify as cookies, but these cakey sandwich creations are about as merry as it gets.

Thumbprint Cookies

5Thumbprint Cookies

Browned butter and toasted pecans form a nest for red raspberry preserves in this rustic take on a timeless classic.

Easy Lemon Cookies

6Easy Lemon Cookies

Do you fancy fruit? Opt for these surprisingly easy lemon cookies. Bonus: They make a HUGE batch, so you’ll have plenty to share.

Bakery-Style Chocolate Chip Cookies

7Bakery-Style Chocolate Chip Cookies

When in doubt, go with a classic! These timeless chocolate chip cookies have a few special ingredients that take them from simple to spectacular.

Chocolate FIlled Shortbread

8Chocolate-Filled Shortbread

The only thing better than shortbread? Shortbread with a tasty surprsie inside.

Flourless Almond Butter Cookies

9Flourless Almond Butter Cookies

Treat yourself to these three-ingredient cookies that you can mix up and pull out of the oven in 20 minutes flat.

Jumbo Mocha Cookies

10Jumbo Mocha Cookies

These are not your average chocolate chip-espresso cookies. They’ve got a secret ingredient that infuses irresistible coffee flavor and aroma.

Classic Florentines

12Classic Florentines

These Italian sweets with a delicate, lacy texture are part cookie, part candy, but fully delicious.

Black and White Cookies

11New York–Style Black & White Cookies

These Big Apple bakery favorite tastes great as is, but you could dye the frosting for a more festive look!

FREE Guide: How to Make Sweet Holiday Treats

holiday recipes

Learn how to make the most popular baked goods of the holiday season with this free PDF baking guide, available exclusively on Craftsy.Get My FREE Guide

Pat

Don’t mean to be ugly but I thought this was a knitting blog. It seems that lately it is everything but one.

Janet

If you look at the top of the page it says “Blog/Home/All”

Some things, like cookies, are universal.

Pris

It isn’t. This is the general Craftsy blog, You might’ve been looking at the wrong page 😛

Maria

It is for all crafts. Lighten up!

Pamela Grove

Craftsy began as a cake decorating blog/tutorial site YEARS ago and then slowly began adding on different crafts and hobbies. Now it is a site for just about every “creative” hobby craft you can imagine. Its been interesting watching it grow. Its just like Amazon. I remember when they were just an online book store, that’s the ONLY thing they sold-books. Now look at them, its hard find something they don’t sell. All I know is that I wish I had bought stock in them years ago. If you’re looking for knitting simply type it in the search and you’ll get there….. unless of course you want to decorate a cake to look knitted,then you’ll have to take a class for that. But they’re amazing, one of my favorite decorating techniques and looks in a cake.

Betty

I loved getting these recipes! I will definitely try the black and white and homemade thin mint cookies. Thanks.

Pamela Dorman

Those Classic Florentines look extremely yummy, thanks, they will certainly be on my Christmas Menu!

Maureen

I love everything about your blog…including cookie recipes which I’ve saved and will enjoy every bite! Don’t let the grinches get you down as they only prove that no good deed goes unpunished! Wishing you continued success and the happiest of holidays!

Janis S. TheCookieMomster

Make certain that you are “subscribed” to ONLY the knitting blog, if that is all that you are interested in. An easy fix.

Heather Threinen

I thought it was for knitting too BUT I’m absolutely loving everything about it!!! Recipes and all!!!

Cindy Keller

The cookies look appetizing and delicious. I will be sure to try them especially the Jumbo Mocha Cookies. My kids will love those and to be true…from 1 to 12.